Department of Shalyatantar
This department imparts teaching to UG and PG students of Shalyatantra. The department is functioning in 1st floor of College building. OPD and an Operation theater(O.T) is available for practical demonstration of the students as well as treatment of patients of Gopabandhu Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya.
The department is dealing with all surgical procedures along with Ayurvedic Surgical & Parasurgical procedure as well as modern Procedure.
1. Arsha (Piles )
2. Bhagandara ( Fistula – in – Ano )
3. Parikartika ( Fissure – in – Ano )
4. Vidradhi ( Abscess )
5. Guda Vidradhi ( Perianal Abscess )
6. Guda Vransa ( Prolapse Rectum )
7. Granthi (Cyst)
8. Vasarbuda (Lipoma)
9. Karnapali Sandhana ( Lobuloplasty )
10. Pilonidal sinus, etc.
The following Surgical procedures are regularly done in the Department of Shalya Tantra :-
All the above surgeries are done by the hand of skillful surgeons and strictly following the Ayurvedic Procedure.
The Following Para surgical procedure are also done at this department by skillful surgeons and strictly following the Ayurvedic Procedure.
1. Raktamokshana ( Blood letting ) by cupping therapy
2. Jalaukavacharana ( Blood letting by leech )
3. Siravyadha ( Vein puncture ) in varicose vein ( siraja granthi )
4. Agnikarma in kadara (corn)
5. Kshara karma in piles , papila, wart Viddha karma & Viddhagni karma in pain Management , Marma Chikitsa
6. Pancharasa therapy in post fracture complications etc.
Special emphasis are given to develop these ancient techniques as they have some additional benefits over modern techniques.
Every Thursday afternoon seminar on specialized subjects are organised.
Every Friday Afternoon seminar on case study are organised.
Different types of kshara , kshara varti, kshara sutra are preparing in ksharasutra lab like
1. Apamarga K.S
2. Tankana K.S
3. Gugulu K.S
4. Papaya K.S
5. Udumbara K.S
6. Kadali K.S
7. Nimba K.S etc.